In a digital era dominated by visual content, there’s no denying that social media video has emerged as a powerhouse. From short-form snippets to long-form narratives, videos are shaping the way brands provide valuable content and connect with their audiences.
If you’ve ever wondered how to harness the full potential of social media for your brand, you’re in the right place. In this article, we’ll explore why sharing video content on social platforms is a game-changer for brands and provide a strategic approach to ensure your videos make a lasting impact.
Why Brands Should Create Social Media Video
Odds are your brand is already active on a variety of social media platforms. But are you publishing video content there? If not, you should be. Gone are the days of simply sharing text and photo posts. If you want to truly stand out from the crowd and grab attention, video is where it’s at.
However, you may be wondering if it’s truly worth redoing your entire social media strategy to incorporate more videos here and there. The answer? Yes! Here’s why it’s worth your time and effort:
- Capturing Attention in a Crowded Space: Social media platforms are bustling online spaces, teeming with content that’s vying for attention. In a space that’s so crowded, video is what stands out from the rest. The movement, visuals, and engaging storytelling featured in videos make them attention-grabbing, preventing your brand from getting lost in the digital noise.
- Elevating Brand Storytelling: Videos provide a great opportunity for brand storytelling. Whether it’s a behind-the-scenes look at your company culture, a customer success story, or a product demonstration, videos allow you to narrate your brand’s story in a captivating way. At the same time, the emotional connection fosters brand loyalty and resonance with your audience.
- Leveraging the Power of Social Algorithms: It’s safe to say social media algorithms love video content. Many platforms prioritize video content in the users’ feeds above other formats. In turn, videos are more likely to be seen and engaged with. By making videos part of your social media strategy, you can maximize the organic reach of your content and generate more brand awareness.
- Encouraging Social Sharing and Engagement: Videos are highly shareable and social media users love to engage with content that resonates with them. And the more engagement your videos receive, the more likely they will appear in other users’ feeds, boosting your visibility.
At the end of the day, social media video is a fantastic way to foster genuine connections with your brand’s audience. Why not take advantage of that so you can stand out from your competitors?
How to Maximize Impact with Social Media Video
It’s not enough to just put any old video out there. You need to ensure the social media video content you’re publishing is high-quality and valuable, otherwise your audience will scroll on by. Here’s how to produce an incredible, captivating video every time:
1. Know Your Audience and Platform
Before diving in, it’s important to have a video strategy in place. Part of creating that strategy is understanding your target audience. What are their preferences, behaviors, and pain points? Because you want to tailor your content to resonate with them, it’s important to do your research beforehand. Having this information at your fingertips will allow you to create truly engaging content that they’ll be interested in watching. That’s a must if you want to keep them hooked from start to finish.
Another important element of knowing your audience is figuring out where they spend the most time online. This tells you where you should be investing your efforts. Since different social media platforms have distinct audiences and content preferences, you’ll want to plan accordingly. Take the time to adapt your videos to suit each platform. For example, Instagram and TikTok will favor videos that are short and sweet, but you can get away with longer content on a platform like Facebook. And on LinkedIn, you might find your audience prefers videos that are more professional and informative.
2. Create Engaging Thumbnails
Thumbnails are equally as important as the social media video itself. If someone is scrolling through your profile, the thumbnail will be the first thing they see. Therefore, it’s going to play a significant role in whether someone clicks to watch your video. So, be sure to invest time in creating visually compelling thumbnails that are eye-catching and relevant to the content contained in the video.
3. Optimize for Mobile Viewing
When creating social media video content, one thing you must keep in mind is that your viewers are more likely to consume content on their phones, rather than laptops or tablets. For this reason, you should always optimize your videos for mobile viewing. Since vertical video formats are well-suited for mobile screens, this is what you’ll want to stick with as it’ll lead to a more immersive experience.
Another thing to consider is that sometimes users watch videos with the sound turned off. You should always include subtitles or captions for those watching without sound and those who are hearing-impaired. This will ensure your message reaches as many people as possible.
4. Foster Interaction Through CTAs
After someone watches your video, the last thing you want is for them to keep scrolling. Leave them with a call to action (CTA) that tells them what the next step is. So, what do you want them to do after watching your video? Would you like to send the viewer to your website, encourage them to subscribe to your email list, or prompt them to share the video? Whatever it is, include a CTA!
5. Diversify Video Content Types
When it comes to social media video content, you don’t want your hard work to be viewed as stale. And unfortunately, sticking to the same old ideas can cause this. To keep things fresh, experiment with both short-form and long-form videos. Short videos are excellent for quick engagement, while long-form content allows for more in-depth storytelling and information sharing.
Alternatively, you can also leverage the real-time nature of live videos to better connect with your audience. Live videos often receive higher engagement, and they allow for direct interaction with viewers through comments and reactions. This is perfect for building relationships over time.
Create Captivating Social Media Video Content with NG Production Films
Ready to get started with creating social media video content for your brand? The good news is that you don’t have to tackle everything by yourself. With some help from the experts, you can outsource the filming and editing, allowing you to focus on other tasks that propel your business forward.
Our Orlando Video Production Company, NG Production Films, can communicate effectively and efficiently to produce high-quality video production. We have over a decade of experience in producing the next video production project for your organization. Call NG Production Films today for a free, no-obligation consultation at 407-233-3236 or fill out our contact form for a prompt reply.